Thursday, March 8, 2012

KONY 2012 [My Thoughts]

Don't you even think for one minute that I forgot about you guys. I'm like a mother robin: I have to feed my little birdies [you's a good birdie!]. I know most of you have been salivating in anticipation of a new, delicious post. Well, salivate no longer my precious hatchlings, and open wide! I'm here to regurgitate what you've been waiting for and spit it right in your face.

I was originally going to post a long, drawn out explanation on why I am questioning Invisible Children and their financial allocations towards helping these kids, but I am suffering from writer's block and laziness [mostly laziness].  

I will say simply this: first of all, I think the motives behind the campaign are honest and genuine. I think this Kony fucker is a phony piece of bologna and deserves to be shot in the dick.  I do, however, question the organization and its inability to cut their own expenses (i.e. salaries, operating costs, indie film editing, etc) in order to utilize more funds for helping these suffering children. Finally, I believe some of the folks who think they support the ideals and goals of Invisible Children need to inform themselves on what exactly those ideals and goals are [simply reading will suffice].

I'll leave you with my inspiration for the latter: